- Weekly Advisories: Weekly 50 minute advisory periods are implemented to complete paper and online Navigation 101 lessons. Students are paired with an advisor who they will remain with all four years. Starting with the 2013-14 school year, freshmen and sophomores will be divided into 5 small advisories then streamlined into 4 advisories for their junior and senior years.
- Senior Binder: Students maintain a binder where all Navigation 101 assignments and additional college & career projects are filed into one of four tabs.
- Student-Led Conferences: Students are required to complete two student-led conferences each year--one in the fall and one in the spring. The conference is held with their advisor and parent. A pre-made power point presentation is used as a template for students.
- Graduation Culminating Project: Goldendale High School's graduation culminating project has two parts: the Senior Binder and the Senior Presentation. During the HSPE exams in March, all seniors are required to attend Senior Binder Boot Camp. Boot Camp is used as an opportunity to introduce Senior Presentation requirements and complete the Senior Binder. At the end of the third morning of Boot Camp, students will have their binder completed and checked off by an advisor. The High School & Beyond Plan is completed and included in the Senior Binder as well. The Senior Presentation requires students to create and present an 8-15 minute power point presentation in front of a panel of community and school evaluators in May.
- Grade-Level Career Projects: Each grade-level has a career project requirement which relate to their future college & career plans. Freshmen complete a general career interview and the first draft of their High School & Beyond Plan and present these to their Navigation class. Sophomores complete a career research project and more specific career interview and then present to their Navigation class. Juniors complete a half-day job shadow in a career that interests them, complete a reflection, then present to their Navigation class. Seniors complete their graduation culminating projects.
- College & Career Field Trips: Multiple field trips are offered each year to 4 year universities, 2 year colleges and career related opportunities. This gives students who may not get a chance otherwise to have an on-campus, hands-on experience.
- Navigation Leadership Team: Beginning with the 2012-13 school year, a leadership team consisting of an advisor from each grade level, the counselor, and principal was created. The purpose of the leadership team is to discuss the effectiveness of Navigation lessons and give advisors a chance to voice concerns.
- Navigation 101 Grant: For the 2012 and 2013 school years, GHS was awarded a Navigation 101 grant with which we were able to buy supplies for the program, take students on college & career field trips, provide stipends for the newly created Navigation Leadership Team, pay for additional training for Navigation coordinator, and fund transportation for students to complete their junior job shadow experiences.